In contrast with past semesters, Biology advisors will now begin signing registration permission forms before the date on which the department office will start accepting them. All students requesting permission to enroll in Biology major courses may see their advisors as of October 24, 2016, regardless of when they are allowed to submit the form to the office. Bring your advisor a copy of your transcript and the form below, filled out. Your advisor will sign and stamp the form and indicate when you can hand it in.
Registration permissions will be accepted by the department office for all students as of November 7, 2016, with priority registration for graduating seniors taking place the week of 10/31-11/4. In order to get permission for a Biology major course, you must then bring a signed & stamped registration form to the Biology Office, HN-927. No permission will be given without a signed & stamped registration form. Please read the instructions below for registration information:
- Search through the Spring 2017 'Searchable Schedule of Classes' for the name, number & section of the course(s) you are interested in taking (i.e. BIOL 35000, sec. 01).
- Fill out a registration form.
If you are planning to take BIOL 20300 or 30300, please list as many sections as you can do, in order of preference. Please make sure that you circle 203 or 303 to indicate which one you’re taking.
If you are taking bio major elective courses, please indicate how many courses you need, with as many options as you can do, in order of preference.
We strongly recommend that you list more options than you need, in case some are full.
- Visit your Biology advisor with a copy of your transcript to obtain advisement and get permission to register.
Please make sure that you have a printed copy of your unofficial transcript and that any prerequisite courses are circled or highlighted.
- When your advisor approves your courses, they will sign and stamp your form.
- Bring your signed and stamped form and transcript to the Biology Office, HN-927 -
No permission will be given without a signed & stamped registration form
- Form will be time & date stamped.
- You will receive an email when your form has been processed.
All forms will be processed, and seats given, in the order that they are received and time/date stamped. If you are not a graduating senior, your form will not be accepted before Monday, November 7, 2016.